Wednesday, December 23, 2009

AIN'T NOTHIN' SAYS CHRISTMAS STOCKIN' QUITE LIKE CHRISTOPHER WALKEN



Here’s the December 23rd entry on my wife’s 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said desk calendar:

On Aliens, Terrifying Musical Taste And:

Can we talk this over? It looks like you’re going to sing `White Christmas…' You’ve broken my mind!

-- Christopher Walken, as writer and alien abductee popularizer Whitley Streiber, talking to bug-eyed aliens, in Communion (1989)."

In other holiday-related news: contrary to the testimony of those who see me every day, I swear I’m not dead. It just feels like it. But my relative absence is about to end. I’m thiiiiiiiis close to getting some actual stuff to read ready to go for the holidays. I hope the lead-up to your season of celebration has been good so far. May it continue to be so. See you in what to me will feel like mere moments!

*****************************************

No comments: